APPLYING TO C.F. RICHARDS CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
- The first step is to make an appointment for an Educational Success Consultation with our principal. You may call (540-886-4984) or email us to schedule an appointment. This meeting is devoted to discussing the particular gifts/needs of your child and ensuring that we are a good match for your family. The cost of attending school and possible financial aid may also be discussed.
- Please bring your child’s most current report card with you to the consultation. (These documents would also be helpful to bring, but they are not required at the time of the consultation: standardized test results, teacher’s recommendation, and record release form.)
- Following your consultation with the principal, you’ll have the chance to take a tour of the school.
- After your visit you will be invited to apply online using the link below.
After we have had a chance to meet with you for an Educational Success Consultation and established a mutual match between your child and our school, these items will need to be completed in order for your child to be considered for acceptance:
- Apply online
- Records and Teacher’s Recommendation received from previous school (if applicable)
- Testing: A teacher will test your child in a one-on-one setting to assess your student’s academic needs. We are able to determine whether a child may need remedial help or enrichment work in the areas of reading and math. For younger children (4-6 years) we use the Gesell Developmental Observation, a developmental screening, to measure readiness for school. The Wide Range Achievement Test (WRAT4) and the informal Qualitative Reading Inventory (QRI) are used for older students. A Consent for Testing form needs to be completed and signed prior to the test administration. After the tests have been evaluated, our principal will make an appointment to discuss your child’s results with you.
Upon acceptance for enrollment, parents will be emailed a link to complete online enrollment. Completing online enrollment and sending in the required forms and registration fee will complete the process.
TUITION, FEES, AND SCHOLARSHIPS
2018-2019 School Year
Kindergarten through 8th grade
|Student Category||Annual Tuition per Student*||Monthly Payment per student|
|PK 2 day||$2,700||$270|
|PK 3 day||$3,420||$342|
|PK 5 day||$4,500||$450|
- Annual Registration Fee of $300.00 for all students due upon enrollment. Fee goes towards textbooks, insurance, and other expenses.
- Scholarships are available for our Kindergarten through 8th grade students, in order to qualify for any financial aid parents must complete the FACTS application for financial aid.
- After-school care is available for an additional fee from 3:45 to 5:30 pm.
For more information about applying for the Potomac Education Foundation Scholarship click here.
Interested in supporting CFR by contributing to the Potomac Education Foundation?
Donations to the Foundations Virginia Education Improvement Tax Credits Scholarship Program provide scholarships for low-income new students. For more information visit the Potomac Education Foundation website.